St Joseph’s Melkite Scouts
FAITH . PERSEVERANCE . HONOUR
We are the aroma of Christ 2 Corinthians 2:15
Welcome to the Melkite Scouts. All Scouting Rules are extremely important to Scouting and it is hoped that you will enjoy your involvement.
WHO ARE THE MELKITE SCOUTS?
St Joseph Melkite Scouts (SJM) is a community-oriented organization where you can:
• Have fun with a purpose
• Build friendships and learn new things
• There is something for everyone.
Scouting develops character, leadership, communication skills, and good Aussie citizens.
SJM Scouts offers you opportunities to:
• Go camping
• Build life skills
• Build friendships and community
• Provide services and assisting others
• Be a part of a Marching Band.
THE MELKITE SCOUTS OATH AND EMBLEM MEANING
The Melkite Scouts Oath
On my honor I will do my best,
To do my duty to God and my country,
and To obey the Scout Law
To help other people at all times,
To keep myself physically strong,
mentally awake, and morally straight.
The Melkite Scouts Emblem Meaning
• Left of fleur-de-lys: Service to others.
• Middle of fleur-de-lys: Duty to God.
• Right of fleur-de-lys: Obedience to the Scout Law.
• Bond of fleur-de-lys: The family of Scouting.
• Encircling Rope: The unity and family of the World Scout Movement.
• Reef Knot: Cannot be undone however hard it is pulled. Symbolic of the strength of world scouting’s unity and family.
• Two five point stars: Truth and knowledge, ten points of the original Scout Law.
• Heraldic Colors: White or silver for purity, Royal Purple denotes Leadership and Service.
Join as a volunteer for important causes you will be proud of
To register to become a Melkite Scouts Member, please use the following link and one of the Scouts admin members will be in contact with you in due course.
Membership Application Form
For more information, please message St Joseph Parish Office Number on 0481 367 199 or email [email protected]
WHEN: Every Saturday 6-8pm
WHERE: St Joseph Community Centre, 40 Gillies Street, Fairfield, Vic, 3078